- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 2 yellow squash, cubed
- 2 cups of broccoli, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup torn arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) package of small pasta (elbows, bowties or rotini)
- 2/3 cup Feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
- In a medium bowl toss the peppers, eggplant, squash, broccoli and tomatoes with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread evenly into the baking dish.
- Bake vegetables for 10 minutes
- Remove from oven. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over vegetables and toss. Return vegetables to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine the roasted vegetables, cooked pasta, arugula, and basil. Mix in remaining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, feta (if desired), and garlic. Toss to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. This pasta salad can be served hot or chilled.