Use whatever winter squash you like, but we suggest Delicata, Butternut and Buttercup.
Spice mix makes enough for you to season to your liking and save whatever is left for some veggies, fries or whatever else you may want to kick up!
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 lbs mixed winter squash, butternut, kabocha, etc., peeled and cut into 3/4 –inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a small bowl, combine the onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cayenne, salt and brown sugar.
In a large mixing bowl, toss squash with butter and olive oil. Add 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture to the bowl and toss well to coat.
Place squash on a sheet pan lined with parchment and bake for 40-45 minutes, tossing every 15 minutes, to allow for even browning. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons more of spice mixture. Toss gently to coat and serve hot.