- 1/2 cup arils from POM Wonderful Pomegranates or 1/2 cup POM POMS Fresh Arils
- 1 small kabocha squash
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 head hearts of romaine, chopped
- 1 head endive, chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup aged sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare fresh pomegranate arils, if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Peel kabocha squash, remove seeds, slice into wedges and toss with 1/4 cup olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and dried thyme.
- Roast for approximately an hour, until tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Chop and clean lettuce greens.
- Toss lettuce mixture with shallots, squash, goat cheese, sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate and top with arils.
To prepare fresh arils, score 1 large POM Wonderful Pomegranate and place in a bowl of water. Break open the pomegranate under water to free the arils (seed sacs). The arils will sink to the bottom of the bowl and the membrane will float to the top. Sieve and put the arils in a separate bowl. Reserve 1/2 cup of the arils from fruit and set aside. (Refrigerate or freeze remaining arils for another use.)