Mission Fig Salad
- 8 Black Mission Figs
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 slices prosciutto, trimmed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 bag spring mix OR 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- Balsamic vinaigrette, to taste
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Arrange fig halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Top each fig half with goat cheese; lay prosciutto strips atop goat cheese layer.
- Broil figs in the preheated oven until prosciutto is crisp and goat cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove figs from oven and drizzle with honey.
- Top salad with figs, goat cheese, prosciutto, dressing, and your favorite toppings!