- 5 Apple Pears
- 2 Fuji apples
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup apple juice or apple cider
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- Peel, core, and dice the Apple Pears and apples into 1 inch chunks and place in a non-reactive saucepan, along with the apple juice and cook on low for 30 minutes, until tender. Using a hand immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Season with cinnamon and nutmeg and add it to the crockpot.
- Heat on high with no lid for 2 -3 hours, stirring every 30-40 minutes until liquid has evaporated and it has cooked down into a thick butter/paste.
- Serve over toast or pancakes for breakfast.