- 6 large New York State apples (Crispin, Jonagold, Idared, Rome)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or maple sugar
- 1/4 cup pre-sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/4 cup sweet butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a large baking dish.
- Core the apples.
- Cut each into 6 wedges and arrange in a single layer in the baking pan.
- Mix the sugar, flour, and spices together.
- Sprinkle over the apples.
- Melt the butter and mix with the apple juice.
- Pour over the top and toss to combine.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.