- 12 1/2 cups (approximately 6 heads) Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce, cleaned and chopped
- 1 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Italian Red Onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced thin
- 3-4 bunches asparagus spear tips (approximately 50); top 1 inch of asparagus, sliced in half
- 10 golden beets, with green tops removed
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 1/2 cups Dill & Fennel Vinaigrette
Prepareation of Beets and Asparagus:
- Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil, add 2 Tbsp of salt per quart of water. Add beets and bring to simmer.
- Add asparagus to simmering water with the beets. Simmer for 1 minute and then remove asparagus and either place in ice water or in the refrigerator to cool and stop cooking.
- Continue to cook the beets until tender, approximately 35-45 minutes. Peel the cooled beets. If desired, shape beets into triangle shape by making cuts that merge into a point and slicing thin.
- Place beets on the plate by placing pointed triangular tips out toward the rim in a concentric design as shown in photo. Next place asparagus tips between each beet slice.
- Place all prepped lettuce in the mixing bowl and then add 6 oz of the dressing to the lettuce and toss to lightly coat. Place small mound of lettuce in center of plate. Dress the onions the same as the lettuce. Place a small amount on top of each salad.
- Drizzle a small amount of dressing over beets and asparagus. Garnish each plate with sprigs of dill. Individually plate servings for fancier presentation or simplify by gently tossing all ingredients together for a family salad.