- Pie Crust for a 9" deep dish pan
- 7 Cups of fresh or frozen raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries, about 2 1/3 cups of each type of berry
- 1 Cup of granulated sugar (plus a little extra to sprinkle on top of the pie)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Large egg white beaten with a fork
- Cook the berries by adding them to a large saucepan, over medium heat, with sugar and lemon juice.
- Simmer until warm and juicy, about 5-10 mins, gently stirring occasionally.
- Take out 1/2 cup of the juice from the pan into a bowl. Stir cornstarch into the juice until smooth.
- Bring pot of berries back to a simmer and slowly pour in the cornstarch. Gently stir mixture until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter. Allow to cool for 15 mins and pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Add lattice top or a whole top with holes pricked on top for steam to escape.
- Pinch edges of the top and bottom pie crust together and crimp the edge. You many brush a thin layer of beaten egg white over the top of the pie and sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 40-45 min
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for several hours