- 250g self-raising flour
- 100g salted butter
- 125g golden caster sugar
- 3-4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Pink Lady Apples
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paster
- 4 eggs
- Apple blossom
- 100g fondant icing sugar
- Pink food colouring (optional)
- 1-2 tsp apple juice
- In a large bowl, rub together the butter and flour to create a breadcrumb consistency.
- Add cinnamon, caster sugar, and mix well.
- Peel and cut apples into small chunk and stir into the dry mix.
- Gently beat the eggs and vanilla in a small bowl and add to the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Place the batter into a lined 2lb loaf tin and bake at 170 degrees for 45mins to an hour until cooked through, risen and golden on the top. Leave to cool on a rack.
- To decorate, mix the fondant icing sugar with 1-2 tsp of apple juice. You can add a touch of pink food coloring to the mixture. Drizzle over the cake generously allowing the icing to drop over the sides.