- 6 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 small yellow onions
- 3 cloves garlic
- 8 oz. Monterey Baby Bella (Brown) Mushrooms
- 4 Monterey Portabella Mushrooms, diced (remove gills and stems)
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh minced thyme
- 1 tsp fresh minced oregano
- 1/8 tsp chili flakes
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 cups heavy cream (whole milk is good substitute)
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional: White Mushrooms may be added/substituted
- In a food processor, finely chop celery, carrots, onion, garlic and Brown Mushrooms.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium stockpot.
- Combine chopped mixture, thyme, oregano, chili flakes and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Allow this to lightly caramelize, add stock and cream. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- In a sauté pan add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and diced Portabellas.
- Sauté for about 4 minutes until moisture is gone.
- Add soup mix, adjust seasoning and serve hot.