- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced on a diagonal
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest plus 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup fresh dill, mint, or parsley leaves
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until al dente.
- Two minutes before orzo is done, add the asparagus. Drain the orzo and asparagus.
- While the orzo and asparagus is cooking, make the dressing by mixing together lemon zest, lemon juice, and 3 tablespoons of oil together. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the drained orzo and asparagus into the dressing and toss to coat.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat and add the panko. Toast until golden brown.
- Remove the panko from heat and stir in garlic and season with salt and pepper. Add to orzo and asparagus
- Stir in the parmesan and herbs into the orzo and serve!