- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or light vegetable oil (such as canola)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice or apple cider
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 medium Honeycrisp apples (about 1 pound), thinly sliced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 12 ounces salad greens (spring mix, baby spinach, arugula, baby romaine, or a combo of your favorites)
- 1 cup pecan halves, toasted or candied
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- To prepare Apple Cider Vinaigrette, measure all ingredients into a mason jar. Tightly screw on lid and shake vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined. Alternatively, you may briskly whisk the ingredients together in a medium bowl, or blend them in a blender or mini food processor.
- Place apple slices in a large plastic baggie and squeeze fresh lemon juice over them. Close bag and shake to coat. In a large salad bowl, layer salad greens, apple slices, pecans, dried cranberries, and blue cheese. Just before serving, dress with desired amount of Apple Cider Vinaigrette and toss until salad ingredients are evenly coated.