- 4 slices watermelon, approximately 4”X4"X ½" thick
- 8 slices 100% whole grain bread, preferably chewy in texture (Dave’s Killer Bread is great!)
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 6 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, divided into 4 equal portions
- 1 bottle cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
- Place watermelon pieces between paper towels to absorb extra fluid. Set aside.
- On each of four slices of bread, spread mustard and top with 1 1 /2 ounces cheese. Top with second slice of bread.
- On a griddle or Forman grill, spray cooking spray and grill the 4 sandwiches on each side until cheese begins to melt. Remove from griddle/grill, open and place a slice of watermelon and arugula. Close sandwich and cut in half. Serve.